Box Office Customer Service Representative
Box office Customer Service Representative
The Newberry Opera House is currently seeking qualified applicants for an excellent opportunity as a part-time Customer Service Representative in the Box Office. The Box Office Customer Service Representative provides ticketing services for all events by providing patrons with an outstanding customer experience. Hours will vary based on show schedule.
You may submit a resume to Nydia Garcia, Ticketing & Operations Coordinator by email or by stopping by 1201 McKibben St. Newberry (use McKibben entrance) or Call 803-276-6264 for more information.
(Seasonal, based on show volume, up to 30 hrs. a week, usually under 15)
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Provide a high level of customer service to all NOH guests in a friendly, welcoming, and efficient environment.
- Process phone and in person orders using Salesforce a web based CRM system.
- Assist with night of show walk up sales and will call distribution.
- Assist customers with purchase decisions such as performance availability, pricing, and seating recommendations.
- Troubleshoot customer concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous, and informed manner. Resolve customer service issues with guidance from supervisors.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of schedule, events, and all sellable items.
- Understand and uphold purchasing policies.
- Collect complete and accurate data from customers.
- Maintain quality database entry practices when completing regular database maintenance projects.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily transactions.
- Complete outbound calls to existing customers regarding upcoming events, sales, and donations.
- Contribute to the environment of the box office by maintaining a positive attitude and genuine interest in helping others.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, or non-profit arts industries but not required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Skill using computer software programs including point of sale systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player.
- Passion for and/or experience in the performing arts.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and assist in unanticipated duties as needed.
- Ability to perform necessary functions in ticketing software.
- Ability to work in a call center environment including extended periods of sitting at a personal computer.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned.
Nov 23, 2021 2:20pm||
Dec 31, 2021 5:30pm|